Monday, July 28, 2014

A father's love

Life is hard for everyone. My life for the next few months maybe years (2 at most) will now fall into that category. I never once before thought my life was hard or one to complain about but, the recent move has changed that. It's not hard like many people I know. I still have my legs, hand and mind (most of it) but it hard in the sense that this move has taken my most prize possession, my kids. I know they are still mine and I am their father but not being able to see them on a daily basis is pretty much the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with. Writing them a song or using face time is no where near enough! I miss them plain and simple! By the looks of things I will get to see them every other weekend but to me (or any father) that's not enough. unfortunately I have no other choice at this point. I made a decision to move forward in my career and I have to live with it. my choice wasn't made out of fear or stupidity but more out of love, love for my children! people have asked me "how is this love for them?" It's easy the economy is crap and my skills are great in photography but I simply wasn't making enough! I was making enough to stay afloat and who really wants to do that? I would have stayed in Bakersfield had i was given a fair raise which I felt I deserved. I mean after all I am an Emmy award winning photographer right?(sorry not sorry that I keep plugging that) unfortunately my station (which whom I love) couldn't afford it (or didn't feel I was worth it) so move I did. This move is a long term goal not a short term fix, I know that but my kids don't understand it. I will return and my kids will have their father back full time but until then I just wish they knew that this move is one of a father love!

No comments:

Post a Comment