Thursday, July 24, 2014

The Move

My life for the most part has been an easy life. Sure I’ve had to overcome some thing and I have made some stupid choices in my life. Living in Lamont CA for the better part of my life is something I am very proud of. I know some people who lived there, move out but some way they always find their way back home….even if just for a visit. In 2011 I finally moved out…6 miles north to Bakersfield Ca. I know it’s not a huge move but in a small way it really was. My weekly games of basketball seem to fade away like track on a John West album. Things changed and like most people changed scared me. I wasn’t sure what the outcome was going to be. The move was big as I went from a single father of one to family man of four (his 1, hers 2, and ours 1). With a growing family meant growing expenses and my once seemingly big enough check quickly become too little. After a few years of “surviving” I updated my website and started looking for work in a “bigger” market. Quickly calls came in for my services. I was humbled by the interests and although my plan was to get more money where I had been for almost 10 years (I guess freelance years don’t count). I had to take a job in “nearby” Sacramento Ca. The move came up quickly and although I have a supportive women behind me, it hasn’t been easy. Sleepless nights, crying over my kids and lady. It’s ben short of one month and so far it has not been what I was hoping for. At this point I only hope to grow as photographer. I keep telling myself this is a move needed for the better of my family in the long run. One day I hope to look back and see that I was right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment